Home  Home

Forum  Forum
FAQ  FAQ     Search  Search     Downloads  Downloads     Memberlist  Memberlist     Usergroups  Usergroups
Private Messages  Log in to check your private messages  
Register  Register   Log in  Log in  

Static loft and relationship with dynamic loft « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
James Marshall
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Static loft and relationship with dynamic loft Reply with quote

Trusted user

Is it essentially the static loft of the club that fills the gap between the angle of attack and the dynamic loft for a given clubhead speed?

For example:

If I have a clubhead speed of 95mph and an A of A of -2 and a dynamic loft of 8.5 which produces a carry distance of 175.9 yds, is it reasonable to assume that my driver has a loft of 10.5º?
dtutelman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Static loft and relationship with dynamic loft Reply with quote

Site Admin

James Marshall wrote:
Is it essentially the static loft of the club that fills the gap between the angle of attack and the dynamic loft for a given clubhead speed?

For example: If I have a clubhead speed of 95mph and an A of A of -2 and a dynamic loft of 8.5 which produces a carry distance of 175.9 yds, is it reasonable to assume that my driver has a loft of 10.5º?

No, it is not reasonable. Moreover, it is not especially likely. There are two things that would make it not so:

• You seem to be relating dynamic loft to the horizontal. Dynamic loft is relative to the clubhead path. So changing the AoA by itself does nothing to the dynamic loft. This is explained, with a diagram, in the Help files.
    A source of your confusion may be the difference in terminology between TrajectoWare and Trackman. Both products adopted their terminology several years ago, and later noticed that dynamic loft means different things to the two products. TrajectoWare's dynamic loft is Trackman's spin loft.
  • Even if your assumption about the definition were correct, there are other things that affect dynamic loft. Among them are: shaft bend, height of impact on clubface combined with face curvature, and wrist cupping.

Hope this helps,
DaveT
James Marshall
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

Dave,

Thanks very much for your reply. The topic is more complex than I thought. Could you point me in the direction of the "Help" files, please?
dtutelman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Sure!
Open the program and click on the question-mark icon at the right side of the toolbar. That will put you in Help. Look up "dynamic loft" in the index.

DaveT

Jump to: