Home  Home

Forum  Forum
FAQ  FAQ     Search  Search     Downloads  Downloads     Memberlist  Memberlist     Usergroups  Usergroups
Private Messages  Log in to check your private messages  
Register  Register   Log in  Log in  

Why so few posts? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shafted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Why so few posts? Reply with quote

Trusted user

I have been watching this forum hoping to gather some information on how to use trajectoware to help me buy a better driver for myself. I noticed there are very few posts here. Has the development of the software hit a snag? Is the forum still active?

Thanks
shaft
dtutelman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

The forum is still active. Just not very active.

If you ask a question, maybe you'll start up a discussion. For instance, if you started a new thread on, "How do I use TrajectoWare Drive to help me select a new driver," I bet you get a bunch of responses -- at least if anybody checks here at all frequently.

As far as "has software development hit a snag?" the answer is, "Sort of." Both Frank and I are pretty busy with other projects at the moment, so the development of the features we want to see in the next version has not been going forward very quickly.

Cheers!
DaveT
fschmidberger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Hi shaft,

yes, this forum is still active and yes, we are working on 2.0 already. As we both (Dave and me) are very busy beside TrajectoWare at the moment we have no idea when we will release 2.0. From my point of view it will not be before the end of 2008.

If you have any questions on how to use the program, just ask. To find out more about on how to find a better driver for you, have a look at Dave's website:

> Optimizing a Driver's Launch Parameters

Cheers

Frank
fschmidberger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Quote:
The forum is still active. Just not very active.

Well, at least the time it takes for an answer or two is quite short, isn't it? Very Happy

Cheers

Frank
shafted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

Thanks for the quick reply. I just bought a Zelocity PureLaunch so will have some numbers to plug in shortly. I am just waiting for the weather to cooperate. I saw an older post about needing raw data. Is there anything I can do to help with the Zelocity? I am no expert but would contribute what I can.

Also, is there a certain way to determine static loft using the AOA readings from the Zelocity and dynamic loft in the software? Or is there a way to enter dynamic loft if you know the static loft of the club and the AOA?

Thanks

shaft
Anthony
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

Shafted,

I know I lurk at the forum although I don't have much to post. I too have a Zelocity LM and look forward to seeing your numbers and questions.

Anthony
dtutelman
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

shafted wrote:
I just bought a Zelocity PureLaunch so will have some numbers to plug in shortly. I am just waiting for the weather to cooperate. I saw an older post about needing raw data. Is there anything I can do to help with the Zelocity? I am no expert but would contribute what I can.

Thanks for the offer. There are several types of data we need or will need. Note that both involve measuring the actual distance as well as the launch parameters.

1. Actual distance for a known, measured launch angle, ball speed, and initial spin for slower ball speeds in the 100mph-130mph range. Most of our actual data is from drivers between pretty good and long-drive champions. We need average and senior golfers as well.
  2. Actual distance for a known, measured launch angle, ball speed, and initial spin for irons. When we get to version 2, we want it to remove the upper-end spin restriction of 4000rpm, so we can include irons and not only drivers and long woods.
  3. Measured total distance as well as measured carry, so we can incorporate total distance in version 2. Of course, we will need to know the kind and condition of the landing surface, so the data makes sense. (E.g.- hard fairway, soft fairway, average greens, average rough, long rough, etc.)

The data is only useful if it includes measured distances (carry, and optionally total distance) to an accuracy of about a yard. For that reason, we expected that Trackman data would be necessary, not just launch monitor data. But, if you can accurately judge distance some other way, the data would be most welcome.

Which brings us to the Zelocity PureLaunch. Reading about the technology on their web site, it appears to me that carry distance is calculated from launch parameters rather than measured directly. And the total distance is definitely calculated rather than measured. It would be interesting to know for sure. But calculated data like that would only be useful to show consistency with Zelocity's software, not accuracy against real data.

Quote:
Also, is there a certain way to determine static loft using the AOA readings from the Zelocity and dynamic loft in the software? Or is there a way to enter dynamic loft if you know the static loft of the club and the AOA?

The short form of the answer is "probably not". To understand more about it, start up TrajectoWare Drive, click on "help", and look up "dynamic loft" in the index. See all the things that go into dynamic loft besides the nominal clubhead loft (which is what I assume you mean by "static loft").

Thanks,
DaveT

Jump to: