Home  Home

Forum  Forum
FAQ  FAQ     Search  Search     Downloads  Downloads     Memberlist  Memberlist     Usergroups  Usergroups
Private Messages  Log in to check your private messages  
Register  Register   Log in  Log in  

Version for Mac « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
skeedracer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Version for Mac Reply with quote

Trusted user

I'd hope that you could port your application to OSX for Mac.

It would also be a good idea to somewhere in your opening discussion, let people know that it is Windows only

Wish I could somehow access it.
Brad
dtutelman
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Version for Mac Reply with quote

Site Admin

skeedracer wrote:
I'd hope that you could port your application to OSX for Mac.

It would also be a good idea to somewhere in your opening discussion, let people know that it is Windows only

Brad, thanks for pointing out that "Windows only" is not mentioned on the description page. I just fixed that. I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it might save the next guy trouble.

I doubt we are going to fix that in the near future. Even if the code ports to the MAC (which I seriously doubt) we use some things that are Windows-only in the support libraries, such as Microsoft's HTML help facility and TeeChart for graphics. So it's not an easy port.

Add the fact that there is not much demand -- hey, you're the first to point out that "Windows only" is not mentioned on the description page -- and you get a rather low-priority feature.

I wish I could be more encouraging. I understand from some Mac enthusiasts that there is a Windows compatibility environment for the Mac. I don't know how good it is, but you might try TrajectoWare in that. No guarantees, though.

Good luck!
DaveT
skeedracer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Mac Reply with quote

Trusted user

Dave,
Thanks for the reply. You're right, it probably would run in a new version under emulation. I'll keep that in mind with my next software upgrade.

And thanks for the effort in creating such a valuable and fun tool. I'll keep coming back and checking for new, interesting threads. In fact, I'm posting a question that I'd answer myself if I had a windows machine
Brad Cool
parteeboy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

Instead of writing a version for OS X on the Mac, why not look into making a device independent version that can run on the web for both Windows, Mac, and any other hand held device that has web browsing capability. Very Happy
fschmidberger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

parteeboy wrote:
Instead of writing a version for OS X on the Mac, why not look into making a device independent version that can run on the web for both Windows, Mac, and any other hand held device that has web browsing capability. Very Happy

Not a bad idea. We will certainly consider that approach, but not in the near future.

Actually I will work on a project the next few months where I have to port a windows program that I have done years ago to a web application. After that project I will have an idea what it could mean to port TrajectoWare to a web application.

However, without having looked at any details, I'm quite sure that it will not be possible to have all the fancy features (like mouse wheel support) of TrajectoWare in a web application.

Regards, Frank
jaacobbowden
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

I would second a Mac and/or web version. Very Happy
cahalk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user

Another Mac
JFour
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusted user