Home  Home

Forum  Forum
FAQ  FAQ     Search  Search     Downloads  Downloads     Memberlist  Memberlist     Usergroups  Usergroups
Private Messages  Log in to check your private messages  
Register  Register   Log in  Log in  

This may be impossible, but... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mikeb
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: This may be impossible, but... Reply with quote

Trusted user

One of the more frustrating and costly parts of selecting a driver is selecting the correct shaft.. Would it be possible (even if simplified) where a shaft characterization could be selected? example

1. Low, Med Hi launch
2. stiffness ( cpms)

The fuzzy part

Tempo?
smooth
explosive

Mikeb

excellent software
dtutelman
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: This may be impossible, but... Reply with quote

Site Admin

Mikeb wrote:
One of the more frustrating and costly parts of selecting a driver is selecting the correct shaft.. Would it be possible (even if simplified) where a shaft characterization could be selected? example

1. Low, Med Hi launch
2. stiffness ( cpms)

The fuzzy part

Tempo?
smooth
explosive

Mikeb

excellent software

Man, I wish I knew enough to be able to do that!

TrajectoWare Drive is based on relatively straightforward physics. Accounting for shaft characteristics would change at least the dynamic loft, and perhaps other things as well. If you know enough about shafts to do this (I'm not at all sure anybody does), then you can crank in that info as you are entering the dynamic loft. But right now it is completely manual -- because I don't know any programmable rule to take shafts into account.

I have another effort in which I'm trying to correlate measurable shaft characteristics with launch conditions. (I am the co-designer of the NeuFinder 4, a shaft measuring instrument that takes stiffness profiles, among other things.) At some point in the future, maybe I will know enough to program it -- or at least put some specific guidance in the Help "book".

Cheers!
DaveT

Jump to: